Wednesday, October 14, 2009

[CHiP CHiP CHEERI0S]

So I really need to get in the hang of things && publish new posts more frequently. lol So where do I begin???????

I've been here for exactly a month a two days && I still have no internet access, no phone, no cable. I'm really not concerned about the cable but I DO need a way to talk to the rest of the world via the world wide web or the telephone! The company, Sky, has been to the flat about 3 times already >>> they must not want our business. *smh*




My roomies && I went on a bus tour of London. It was pretty cool but longer than expected. Central London is so so so so pretty at night! Didn't really get to take that many pictures, but I did get one with a queen imposter!
I finally went out last Friday with some of my classmates in the program. [Everyone, didn't think I would show but I surprised them.] Well first, everyone was late. We were suppose to meet up at 5 at this tube stop in the middle of Soho, it really was more like 5:25. We first went to get drinks at this nice little restaurant/lounge/bar place called "The Slug && Lettuce". The interior design was so nice. >>> I know I sound bougie. I guess its a part of growing up, lol.

After "The Slug", we went to eat at this modern Japanese restaurant. It was actually pretty good. Of course, I decided to order two rolls of sushi! The sushi was okay, I've had better. But I never had a roll with duck in it. . . interesting is all I have to say (too much on the salty side).
Finally, after eating we went to another "chill" place called the "Friendly Society" you can only imagine what took place there. lol It was cool though, a different experience I will admit. But very funny! Some of my classmates were enjoying themselves a little too much. But my roomies && I had to leave early because we didn't want to be stranded in central London.



Once we finally got back, I took a shower and was sleep for literally 10 minutes && my roommate, Tonia, called wanted to know if I wanted to go out again. Although I was still under-the-weather, I went anyway. This time we went to this "black" club closer to our flat. We got in VIP, it was a two-story club but I wasn't really feeling it, like my roomies were. One floor was playing reggae and the other African music (specifically Ugandan). Then the reggae floor eventually started playing old ( i mean) old music like: "Oh, I Think They Like Me" "Meet Me In the Trap" && "Snap Yo Fingers" so it was like sophomore year in college all over again. *sigh, those were the days.*

I didn't get in until 4:30 am, my roomie decided to stay until the club closed. I regretted going out the 2nd time around because my cold got worst! But now I CAN BREATHE!

I turned in my first proposal on Sunday && got feedback on it yesterday. . . the professor said it was "good". . .great ideas. . .but good is relative in my book. Nonetheless, i'm relaxing && taking it one day at a time.

A run down of the people in the pictures:

  • Alex from Macedonia (white guy in white shirt)
  • Victoria from Chapel Hill (fellow Tar Heel in pinkish dress)
  • Rahwa from San Diego/Colorado (originally from Eriteria)
  • Nicole from Colorado (brown hair)
  • Tonia from Bull City (the roomie in the pink shirt)
  • Sabih from London (originally Pakistan in the white shirt with me)

That's it, I have to go to Global Environmental Politics now! Toodles!

NB

No comments:

Post a Comment